USAID-funded Merit and Needs Based Scholarship Program
50% Scholarships are reserved for Female Students only
Undergraduate Scholarships for Flood 2022 Affected Students only
Recent floods in Pakistan has caused unprecedented damages to the infrastructure and livelihood of people in millions. Continuation of higher education for the students of universities who belong to flood affected districts has become minimal and many are at verge to drop out due to non-availability of financial resources. USAID-funded Merit and Needs based Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students from financially disadvantaged households since 2004. To support enrolled students of universities from the flood affected districts, the Program will provide scholarships to enable them to complete their university degrees.
Scholarship award will be made strictly on merit whereas HEC reserves the right to cancel the scholarship award if the information provided by the applicant is found dubious and incorrect at time of physical verification.
Admissions secured on self-sustain/ self-support/ self-finance basis, or in evening programs with higher fee structures are ineligible.
Student availing any other scholarship or continuous grant are ineligible.
Two years associate degree programs and the nomenclature of BA/BSc programs are excluded.
Admissions secured on self-sustain/ self-support/self-finance basis, lateral degree programs, evening programs with higher fee structures are ineligible.
Scholarship funding will be from 6th semester.
LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS 17th MARCH 2023
Please note defined eligibility criteria :
- a)Must be enrolled in 5th or 6th semester in Undergraduate degree programs in Engineering & Technology discipline only.
- b)Belong to districts/sub-districts/UC Tehsils affected by the floods identified by Government of Pakistan/PDMA/District Administration.
- c)Provide proof of flood damage such as household, livelihood etc. and how it has impacted their higher education
- d)The students will be required to apply online . Date of opening of the e-application will be announced shortly.
- e) Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee of the University for consideration of financial assistance;
- f)50% of scholarships will be reserved for females.
- g)Scholarship coverage include tuition fee and stipend for duration of last 03 semesters only
How to apply click below link https://usaidmnbsp-fas.hec.gov.pk